The trendy ‘nut-milk’, a great dairy-free alternative that is packed full of essential fatty acids and nutrients to keep you energised and fuller for longer. By making your own nut milk – all you need is a nut bag! – you are also capturing the leftover nut-meal which is ideal for cooking with.
This is a waste-free option for those of you who want to get bang-for-your-buck >>> 2 delicious recipes for the price of 1??? No brainer!
Brazil nuts are my favourite – so I chose them for the first of many nut milk related recipes – and todays recipe duo is also paying homage to the Fair-trade Fortnight Campaign that we have been so blessed to be apart of. Check out our Fairtrade videos here: https://youtu.be/5WNKp5upDTM
Brazilian Banana Bread
115g of greek yogurt
75g brazil nuts
110g self raising flour (unbleached)
ricotta & blueberries to serve
- Preheat oven to 180/160 fan forced. Line or grease 2 small loaf tins with butter & baking paper. I like to butter and flour the sides makes it super easy to get out afterwards!
- Mix together the yoghurt, brazil nut meal and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the mashed banana and sugar and blend well. Next food in the flour to form a smooth batter.
- Spoon the batter into the tins and bake, on a central shelf, for 30-40mins or until a skewer comes out clean from the middle.
- Serve warm with full fat ricotta and fresh berries. A sprinkle of cinnamon and your sorted for a seriously nutritious brunch!
1 cup Brazil nut milk
1 espresso shot of fairtrade coffee
- Mix the vanilla essence into the espresso shot. Then fill a glass with ice, pour over Brazil nut milk and top with the coffee.
We love sharing low impact recipes and talking about creative ways to use leftovers – whats your latest clever idea! We want to share it. #lovefoodhatewaste